Monday, February 29, 2016

Orla Kiely SS16 Mainline: Square Flower Applique

Orla Kiely has returned this season with her appliqué handbags and accessories, this time featuring the Square Flower print. I must say, I love these so much more than last year's version, which was just a tad too 70s for my taste. This year's version seems more wearable - each style is available in either Black or Cream, with the former featuring white flowers with pink center on one side and yellow on the other. The Cream colorway has a pink flower with red center on one side and a yellow flower with green center on the other. While I love the pink and red flower on the Cream version, I'm not too crazy about the reverse side so I think overall I like the Black one better (I mean honestly, if I could combine the white and yellow flower on the black colorway with the pink and red flower on the cream colorway, that would be perfect).

One thing that I'm not too crazy about with these bags and accessories is that they are actually made of vinyl - only the flower portions and handles/straps are made of leather. I just feel at this price point, the entire exterior should be made of leather. I'm sure the craftsmanship is still great, but I would've preferred an all-leather bag.

Once again, I'm having difficulties choosing a favorite. For my lifestyle, I like to have bags that can be worn cross body so I think I'm leaning towards the Small Sling or the Square Poppy Bag. I do like how both of these styles feature a zip closure. I guess it just comes down to which size I'd want - the Small Sling is just slightly bigger and I like its more three-dimensional look so that might be my ultimate favorite out of the collection. The Square Zip Purses are also super adorable, and I wouldn't mind having the Card Holder either because I like carrying those in my smaller bags or just in my pocket when I don't really feel like carrying a purse (see what I mean? Can't pick a favorite). 

What do you think of these bags? Which one is your favorite?

£270
Also available in a Mini size (180)

£270

£200

£140

£90

£90
Square Flower Applique Card Holder in Black
£60

£60

No comments: