Thursday, April 19, 2012

Postmark Carolinae Top

Carolinae Top by Postmark
On sale $49.95 (originally $88)
www.anthropologie.com


Item: Carolinae Top
Size: 2
Price: $49.95
Overall Rating: 3/5

I really love the colors and print of this top. It's such a pretty, spring blouse and I've been looking forward to it going on sale for a while now. So when it finally hit the sale racks Tuesday, I headed on over to my local Anthro to try it on. The smallest I could find was a size 2, but I could have definitely sized down to a 0. I do like billowy tops, but this was a bit too boxy for me. In the stock photo above, it looks a bit more fitted around the waist and it appears to be longer. In real life though, it was very roomy (most likely because I was wearing one size too big) and very cropped. I would definitely have to wear this with higher-waisted pants or at least a camisole underneath, and I'm not sure how that would look. Also, when I turned to the side, the back looked a bit longer than the front, which I thought was kind of unusual. I really wanted to like this blouse, and maybe would have if I'd found it in a size 0, but it just wasn't for me. It was too boxy and too cropped for my taste. But I still really love the floral pattern and the combination of the green, coral, and cream is just so pretty.

No comments: