Friday, January 31, 2014

Orla Kiely for Clarks Shoes


Great news! Orla Kiely recently released a shoe line collaboration with Clarks...but only in Europe :( I'd been excitedly awaiting this release for months now so I was delighted when Orla Kiely released a statement on Instagram to announce its arrival. I was a bit thrown off because I'd heard the line wasn't going to come out until February, but I was excited nonetheless. So I took to the internet immediately...but found that the shoes were not available on the US Orla Kiely site, nor the US Clarks site. So I tried the UK Orla Kiely site, but stock was quickly sold out in my size. The UK Clarks site had my size, but they don't ship worldwide. It was maddening! I'd been eyeing these oh-so-adorable maryjanes and I knew they had to be mine. 

About $150


Oh my gosh, even the soles are to-die-for. I've heard of people taking their Louboutins to a cobbler to put a protective cover on the bottom to help preserve the signature red soles. I might have to do the same with these.

Over the years, I've been able to accumulate quite a collection of Orla Kiely purses, wallets, makeup bags, and even clothing now, and shoes would make my collection seem complete. Not wanting to miss out on owning a pair of Orla Kiely shoes, I emailed customer service to inquire when/if the shoe line would be available in the US. Here's the response I got:


So US Orla Kiely fans, rejoice! There's hope after all. We just have to wait patiently for these adorable shoes to arrive, and I'm sure they'll be worth the wait :)

For now, let's take a closer look at each one. Admittedly, the rest of the collection is not really my style, but I can still appreciate the cuteness of each one.

About $165

About $200 (the most expensive shoe in the collection)

About $165

About $165

About $165

Once I get my hands on a pair, I'll be sure to post a review on the craftsmanship, comfort, and fit, as well as some photos of how I would style them with outfit-of-the-day shots.

No comments: