Sunday, January 19, 2014

Outfit Of The Day: Penguin Haul

What I'm Wearing:
(Left)
Joe's Jeans
(Right)
Joe's Jeans
Dr. Scholl's Boots
Dogeared Pearls of Friendship Necklace
I decided to do a special double edition of my Outfit Of The Day since both are pretty similar. It's still been cold here in Florida, which is fine by me because that means I get to wear my penguin sweaters! I'd been looking for the American Eagle sweater (left) at all my local malls, but didn't have any luck so I was thrilled when a friend of mine got this for me for my birthday. The Anthropologie sweater (right) had been on my wish list for months and finally went on sale so I bought it right away as a birthday gift for myself. All the details are completely adorable, especially the elbow patches.

I hardly ever wear my hair curly. It's actually naturally wavy, but I always blow-dry it straight. However, this weekend I was in the mood to curl it. When it comes to using a curling iron however, I'm terrible. So again, I resorted to YouTube. Whenever I search for tutorials I try to find one that's short and simple. This is the one that I found that I really liked and helped me to achieve the type of waves I wanted.


Last week was my birthday and I got a pretty nice penguin haul from friends.

I bought these boots from Belk because they reminded me of the Valentino Ruffle-Top Tall Motorcycle Boots that I wanted a couple years ago. Those boots were about $1400. These were about $50. I love how they have a similar ruffle detail and that the front is a little higher than the back, just like the Valentino boots. Plus, they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn! Which is surprising since they have a heel. But they're Dr. Scholl's and there's a special cushion inside that molds to your feet. They felt so good the first time I tried them on that I just had to get them. The first time I wore these, I spent the entire day running errands and they didn't hurt my feet at all. I usually prefer flat boots, but the heel is fine on these since the insides are so comfortable!

The cutest photo-bomber ever.

My son also joined me, wearing his adorable penguin hat :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those waves on your hair, I gotta go try it out with my karmin g3 clipless curling iron!

iloveorlakiely said...

Thank you! And good luck - you'll love the results!