Saturday, February 25, 2017

Orla Kiely SS17 Mainline: Giant Flower Leather in Lemon, Marshmallow, and Moss


Yay! Orla Kiely's Spring/Summer 2017 Mainline collection finally dropped earlier this week (I've been teased with links to these bags on their site...but there were no pictures! It seems to have been a glitch in their system). I'm always super excited for the Spring collection and this one did not disappoint (and surprisingly the US site got the new bags first!) Let's start off with what is probably my favorite - the Giant Flower Leather bags, shown here in the colorways Marshmallow (my favorite  - that peachy pink color is so pretty!), Moss, and Lemon. I love the single Giant Flower with its scalloped petals (although it does slightly remind me of a fried egg haha).

$525

The back features a contrast leather, which was initially a bit disappointing for me because I would have liked the design to continue to the back. But then I realized that I actually prefer this look because I often wear my bags cross body and I feel like the darker leather would prevent color transfer from jeans. The inside is made with a combo suede/Linear Steam jacquard lining.

$502
I think this is my favorite from this collection because I love wearing my bags cross body. However...

$368
...this similar style would be a close second favorite because I love the chain strap detail. I wonder how the size of this bag would look in comparison to the Fairfield Bag above. I do like small bags, but not too small, and I do have the Printed Check Leather Sweet Pea Bag, whose size limits me to using it as an evening bag.

$193

$65
I love card holders. They're my favorite type of wallet to use because they hold just your essentials, making them super compact to fit in any bag. This style is so cute, especially the Marshmallow version with its contrasting light blue on the reverse side.

$175

$111

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I have a random question for you. I have an Orla purse that I LOVE that I need to repair. It's older, so I can't send it to OK without spending a bunch of money. It's a coated canvas purse with leather handles. One of the studs on the leather handles has pulled off. Basically, I want to blue the leather handle back to the coated canvas. I bought some E6000 glue, but I wanted to ask someone before I tried it. If you have any ideas, I would really appreciate it! I don't know if you've had to repair something before or not. Thank you!

iloveorlakiely said...

Hi Maggie! Sorry for this incredibly late reply. I've tried to send an older bag to Orla Kiely's repair service before, but based on the condition, I was told there was nothing they could do about it (the laminate was peeling). I haven't had a handle break on me, but personally, I would take it to a professional bag repair shop to see what they could do. I'd imagine it would be relatively inexpensive, and you would have the peace of mind knowing that a professional was taking care of your bag. I'd be hesitant to glue the straps back on for fear I'd make it worse or it wouldn't be secure enough. Hope all of this helps! Please let me know what you end up doing and if it's successful for you :)