Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Orla Kiely Fall/Winter 2014 Lookbook

Fun prints and scalloped edges have always been weaknesses of mine, and both are seen in Orla Kiely's FW14 lookbook. Animal themes are still prevalent throughout, this time focusing on cats and dogs. I've noticed in the past that not every item is made available on the US site, but I've had luck contacting the New York store for item availability, and they do ship within the US. So if you spot something you like, but can't find it online, you can always try contacting the store at 1-212-775-8340.

The Orla Kiely lookbook is always a delight to look through, and I've already picked out a couple of my favorites.

I don't have a particular affinity for dogs, but there's something about this purse that appeals to me so much. And it's just so gosh darn cute! It's been awhile since Orla Kiely has designed an allover animal print purse (remember the Birdwatch print from FW11 and the Fox print from FW12?) so it's fun to see this adorable purse as part of the collection.

Now I don't really like turtlenecks, but this one with its scalloped design and coordinating dress are winning me over.  It's hard to tell from this photo if the turtleneck is part of the dress or a separate piece (I'm hoping it's separate). Although it would be difficult figuring out how to style the turtleneck with other pieces, that is part of the fun of fashion! And I've always liked classic pieces with a twist, and this dress is definitely one of them - it's your classic little black dress, but with a black cat silhouette print.

Check out the entire lookbook below and let me know what your favorites are!




























No comments: