Sunday, August 10, 2014

Orla Kiely FW14 Mainline Bag Collection

Many of the FW14 items have now made their debut online, making me once again excited for fall colors and cooler weather. Included in this first batch of releases are the Mainline bags and wallets collection, dresses, outerwear, tops, skirts, and knitwear. If you haven't seen the entire lookbook yet, you can check that out here. For now, let's take a closer look at the Mainline collection now available for purchase, as handbags are first and foremost the reason why I fell in love with Orla Kiely to begin with (we'll take a closer look at clothing tomorrow).

$438
I love the deep emerald color, making this a great holiday handbag, while the shell pink is a wonderful neutral. I just with this collection were made of the same grainy leather as the Punched Love Heart Peggy Bag. But patent leather, with its shiny finish, makes these handbags fun and fit for the holidays.

$368
This appears to be a new handbag style as I don't recall ever seeing it in past collections. It's reminiscent of the binocular bag, but shorter and wider.

$488
Just as the Fairfield Bag above, the Mabel Bag also seems to be a new design. This is a pretty good sized bag, making it great for work or the weekend.

$278
I'm no cat lady, but I'm smitten with this purse. And based on the lookbook photos, this bag appears to be a bit larger than the animal head purses from last season, which is a plus. I think this would make a fun evening bag and help dress up any LBD.

$308

$238
Again, I don't have a particular affinity for dogs, but I just LOVE this bag. Love love love! I'd like to see it styled on a model so I can get a better reference for its size. It's difficult for me to choose between this one or...

$338
This is a slightly larger version of the Mini Bay Bag above. I can't decide if I'd like the smaller one to correspond with its cutesy print, or a larger one to show off the print. Either one is a great option since I can carry both as a crossbody, which is the way I prefer to carry all my purses.

$338
I wish this were available in the small Jeanie Bag, as the larger ones tend to be...well, quite large. I have two, one in the Flower Girl Print and another in the Oval Stem Jacquard Print, and I only use them for work as they're large enough to hold all my folders, paperwork, and laptop or iPad. Since I wouldn't want to make this another work-exclusive bag, I'd prefer the Dog Show Print in a smaller version.

$298
Another large option, but this design keeps it casual enough for both work and play.

Check back tomorrow for the FW14 clothing collection, inducing dresses, outerwear, tops, skirts, and knitwear!

No comments: