Wednesday, November 16, 2011

French Fries


So John and I started a bet about three months ago. I bet him that I could give up French fries until Halloween. Yes, this was a big deal. I LOVE french fries, and up until I made this bet, I was eating them at least once a week (I know, it doesn't seem like a lot, but those fried calories add up!) It started out as a simple goal to motivate myself to get into better shape (when I was working out with my personal trainer, I gave up sweets and fried foods and as a result, was in the best shape of my life), which of course turned into a bet with my husband because he is the most COMPETITIVE person alive (even when it comes to simple bets with his wife, he HAS to win). So here we are, three months from the day we shook hands, and I am proud to say that I did not have a single french fry in the last three months. And I figured the best way to celebrate this would be to go to my favorite place to get fries – Cruisers at Jax Beach. They have the most heavenly fries, sprinkled with just the right amount of salt and pepper (in other words, a lot!), served with a side of ranch sauce – yum!


Give me fries and ranch sauce, and I will be as happy as a clam :) And now for some fun stuff.

cooknwithclassparis.blogspot.com


www.flickr.com/photos/laureenmedina

French Fries Wallet by Toddland $29.95
fabnob.com.au

French Fries Plate $6.00
www.urbanoutfitters.com

No comments: