Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday Purseday: Orla Kiely Spot Square Print Textured Vinyl Mini Bay Backpack

Fall/Winter 2015 Collection
Retail $254

The back of the purse has a red leather card holder.

I know in the past I've said that I didn't really like the leather card holder that's often seen on the front or back of Orla Kiely's bags, but for some reason I quite like it on this one. I think the pop of red looks so good against the Spot Square print, and I actually wish this style came with the detachable card holder so I could attach it the front and see it all the time.

A really great feature of this bag is that it's convertible - you can wear it as a backpack or a cross body bag. What's interesting, though, is that I have another Mini Bay Backpack in the Sixties Stem punched leather, but that bag doesn't look quite as good as a cross body as this one does. The straps on this Spot Square version are actually a little shorter so it sits better than the Sixties Stem one, which is a bit too long for my taste. See down below to see what I mean.

This is the same style bag (the Mini Bay Backpack), but the Sixties Stem version just sits too low in my opinion - I wish it sat a little higher like the Spot Square one does because I think it looks more flattering. I think for that reason, I do favor the Spot Square one just a tad bit more because it looks good both ways, whereas the other one I feel looks good only as a backpack (a bummer considering I really love the green leather and was looking forward to wearing it more as a cross body bag).

The front has one zippered pocket.

The zipper pulls have the same textured vinyl print as the rest of the bag.

The top of the bag has a carry handle. 

The bottom of the bag has no feet.

Side view of the bag. The zipper pulls do go all the way down and there are gussets to keep things from spilling out the sides when the bag is open.

The inside features a sand-colored Linear Stem jacquard lining.

One zippered pocket with an Orla Kiely logo underneath.

Two pockets with attached key ring on the other side.

The front pocket is lined with the textured vinyl on one side and the jacquard lining on the other.

2 comments:

Margo said...

That is really cool how it converts. Wish the owl backpack did the same.
Nice bags.
Margo

iloveorlakiely said...

That would be pretty awesome if the owl backpack did that - I would love to be able to carry that print as a cross body, and even considered purchasing the Travel Pouch so I could do that, but I try not to double up on prints.