Monday, October 2, 2017

Life Update


Dear Fellow Orla Kiely Lovers,

First of all, my apologies for being absent from this blog for so long. The past few months have been the busiest of my life, and I wanted to share a bit of a life update with you all to let you know where I've been. First of all, my beautiful baby girl Sophia Madeline was born August 22nd. The last few weeks of my pregnancy were exhausting to say the least - I spent my summer trying to keep my hyper 4-year-old son busy, setting everything up for baby, and getting myself mentally prepared for what would be some of the busiest months of my life balancing going back to work and becoming a second-time mom. 

The dust has settled somewhat, and I'm finally learning my baby girl's quirks. I'm still very sleep-deprived and everyday seems to bring a new set of challenges as Sophia's sleep schedule and temperament are still quite inconsistent...but I'm getting used to it all. I'm trying to make a concerted effort not to succumb to postpartum depression - it's difficult at times and many days I feel extremely overwhelmed, but I try to seek out things that make me happy. 

This blog has long been a wonderful outlet for me to express my love of all things Orla Kiely and to interact with a wonderful community of people who are likewise obsessed :) I still have about six weeks of maternity leave left and I know that time will fly by, so I'm making baby steps now to return to a life of normalcy. So here I am, returning to this blog on what I hope will be a more consistent basis. I miss writing the latest on all things Orla Kiely so I'll be doing a bit of catchup over the next few weeks. Please forgive me in advance for any occasional breaks I might have to take from this blog, but I will do the best I can to write here whenever my crazy busy schedule allows.

:)
-Stephanie

6 comments:

Nina T.T. said...

What a cutie! Congratulations on your new addition! Good luck easing into mother of two-hood...it's quite a ride! :)

iloveorlakiely said...

Thank you so much! It's definitely been an adjustment, but each day gets a little easier :)

amasova said...

Congratulations!

iloveorlakiely said...

Thank you! <3

Walt Life said...

I think you're doing a pretty good job! ;)

iloveorlakiely said...

Thank you! It helps to have good friends like you :)