Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Orla Kiely SS18 Mainline: Embroidery Basket

The first of Orla Kiely's Spring/Summer 2018 Mainline collection includes these Embroidery Basket bags and accessories, which feature a raffia body, leather trim, and bright orange Linear Stem lining. 

$338


I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on this collection as I'm not a huge fan of bugs, but the more I looked at the rest of the collection, the more I fell in love with the gridded two-point perspective background (must be the geometry teacher in me) and the floral embroidery featured on the rest of the bags. I especially loooove the Bobby Bag (shown below) - these round purses are such a huge trend this season and I would love to be able to add this one to my collection.

$298

I think what sold me is the way it was featured in the lookbook - it just looks so great with each outfit!



$326

$248

So another huge trend this season are belt bags (formerly known as fanny packs). Call them what you will, but I actually think they are...fantastic! I never thought I would EVER say that about what is essentially a 90s fashion faux pas, but these updated versions somehow work. And since this bag is convertible, you can always just wear it as a cross body once the belt bag trend has passed.


$169

Medium Zip Wallet
$186

Orla Kiely definitely incorporated as many trends as she could into this one collection - baskets, embroidery, round shapes, and belt bags. And while I'm normally inclined to just indulging in one trend at a time, I'm quite enjoying how they are all included here. What do you think of this collection so far?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!..
leather men belt bag

Eliaz Beth said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. visit this page