Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Orla Kiely SS18 Stem: Matt Laminated Scallop Flower in Blush and Denim

Scallops are one of my absolute favorite designs, so I was thrilled to see that Orla Kiely incorporated them into her Stem collection with the Scallop Flower print in Blush and Denim. Both colorways are so cute, but I'm leaning just a tad bit more towards the Blush.

Small Backpack Tote
Blush and Denim
£135

My favorite style from this collection is probably the Small Backpack Tote (not to be confused with the Small Backpack, which has a more square shape). I prefer the rounded corners of this version, and I also like the simple added touch of the leather tabs on the shoulder straps. What I'm not too crazy about, however, is the snap closure on the front pocket. While it does look cute, I prefer a zip closure for added security.

Small Zip Messenger
Blush and Denim
£130

I'm also curious about the Small Zip Messenger, which is a relatively new style. The original Zip Messenger has been around for many seasons, and while I do own just one of these bags in the Tulip Stem print (see past OOTDs here and here), I just don't find myself reaching for it that often because of its size. Nowadays, I tend to like smaller bags, and while I do need larger ones for work, for some reason I don't reach for this particular style. Perhaps it's because I prefer my sturdier vinyl or leather bags for work, while I save my canvas bags for weekends and casual outings. I believe the Zip Messenger is shown on the model below, but I would love to see how the smaller version looks on someone.


Classic Shoulder Bag
£150

Mini Sling Bag
£135

Midi Sling Bag in Denim
£150

I'm not sure why certain styles are only showing up in one colorway online. This also seems to be the case for the Small Cross Body and Medium Zip Wallet down below. It's kinda frustrating not being able to see all the available colorways at once, and I'm hoping that the site (especially the US one!) will be updated soon.

Zip Messenger
£145

Backpack Tote
£150

Small Cross Body in Denim
£95

Big Zip Wallet
£75

Medium Zip Wallet in Blush
£70

No comments: