Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: Yellow Pants

I have been wanting a great pair of yellow pants for forever. I've owned a couple pairs here and there over the years, but none of them lasted. They were either not exactly what I was looking for or I simply grew out of them. Well, Anthropologie is currently selling three different types of yellow pants, and I think they all look great in their own way. I bought a couple different pairs, but I'm so torn between the two! Let me know what you think. But first, let me show you the ones I did not end up with.

AG Stevie Ankle
These pants were on the mannequin at the entrance and I thought they looked really cute, especially with the outfit they'd thrown together (a grey chunky sweater over an orange printed blouse). But at $158, I thought they were a bit too pricey, so I found some alternatives.

Pilcro Stet Slim Straight


Purchase price: $44.96 (originally $98. I used a 25% off coupon, but if you don't have one, the current sale price is $59.95)
Size: 26

These pants are supposed to hit just above the ankle, but as you can see, they were way too long on me - I had to roll them up twice. And even though the website lists them as having a 12.5" rise, I think they are quite low-rise, which I don't really like all that much. I hate having to pull up my pants or constantly pulling my shirt down to cover my stomach. Even the slight sliver of skin showing here I hate. And the back doesn't look that flattering. I don't know how to avoid those horizontal stretch lines. I heard that if you have those then the pants are too tight, but every time I size up, the pants are too loose AND the horizontal lines are still there. I tried these on with Spanx, but that didn't help either. I asked John if he thought these pants looked too saturated, meaning are they too yellow? I like the pale yellow of the AG Stevie Ankle pants above, but John thought they looked faded. I think I like these pants because the yellow denim most closely resembles the AG Stevies, and after seeing them on the mannequin, I realized how versatile they could be. But I think the main reason I'm even considering these pants is because they are less expensive than the other pair I got.

Pilcro Stet Slim Ankle Cords


Purchase price: $73.50 (originally $98. Again, I used a 25% off coupon)
Size: 26

Ok, I've ALWAYS wanted a pair of yellow corduroy pants, so you'd think this would be the obvious winner out of the two. But I'm still not quite sure! First of all, they are more expensive. And of course, they are too long. But since there is a zipper detail at the ankle, I can't simply roll these pants up. And I'm afraid taking these to my tailor would cost a fortune. Plus, John hated the zipper detail. While I don't prefer it, I actually really don't mind it.

In fact, from the side view, I think it looks quite interesting and cute. Just another one of those subtle details I like about Anthropologie clothing. And as you can see from the photos above, these pants are a higher-rise, which I like a lot. And did I mention they are YELLOW CORDUROY - again, something I've always wanted! These are more the type of yellow I was looking for - not too bright or saturated as I had mentioned above with the Pilcro Stet Slim Straight pants. Just a nice soft, pale yellow. The corduroy makes them super soft and stretchy and comfy. I really like these pants but I think the price (and the fact that John said he wasn't a fan of the zippers) are throwing me off.


I think I know which ones I want! I'll post an update as soon as I'm 100% sure which ones I'm keeping. In the meantime, if any of you have any suggestions for which ones I should keep, let me know!

No comments: