Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Review: Frye Jenna Disc Short Boots

Black, size 7
$358
I'd been obsessed with these boots for months before I finally bought them. They are pricey, but I searched everywhere looking for a good deal - eBay, Amazon, Zappos. One day, while doing one of my routine searches for these boots, the first site that came up was Cusp by Neiman Marcus. For whatever reason, that day these boots happen to be on sale for like $340 and they were having an additional 25% off shoe sale promotion. So in the end, I got them for $261, including tax and shipping and handling. I haven't seen them for this price since that day, so I guess it was a fluke, but oh well! I got them for a great deal and I'm SO happy with them!


It took me awhile to decide which size to get. I visited a Frye store in New York and tried on both a size 7 (my usual size) and a 7.5. At first the 7s were SO tight and I felt the 7.5s fit much better. But I was skeptical. I'm NEVER a 7.5, so I went back to the store the next day to try on the 7s, and they fit perfectly! I was wearing the same thickness of socks, so I don't get it (maybe I'd just tried on an irregular pair???) Anyway, I'd say they run true to size. They are a bit stiff at first, but just like any shoe, you have to break them in. Now they are very comfortable and I'm able to wear them with thin or thick socks, and tuck them into my skinny jeans.

I love the distressed look of these boots. Because they're already scuffed, they are pretty low-maintenance - I don't have to worry about keeping them in great condition because, honestly, the more worn in they become, the better they look in my opinion. I especially like to wear them when it's rainy and yucky outside - keeps my feet dry and warm and the weather gives them a more worn vintage look.

I love all the buckle details - they give them a tough, rugged look. Not usually my style, but I was inspired by other bloggers who styled them with leggings and girly blouses and I was sold!




I have to admit, I didn't like the discs at first. But the more I saw other bloggers styling them, the more obsessed I became with them. I think they somehow make this otherwise tough boot look more girly and fashionable.


Made in Mexico (better than made-in-China!)

These boots are fantastic! So comfy and surprisingly versatile. Their unique look provides a great starting point for which many fun outfits can be created around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY – I ordered these boots! I got my normal size so I hope they fit! Have you just been wearing them with leggings and skinny jeans?
Thanks, Happy Holidays!!!!
Allison

iloveorlakiely said...

Yay, awesome! I'm sure they will fit fine. I've read a lot of reviews and a majority of them say they run true to size. I've been wearing mine mostly with dark skinny jeans and I've been playing around with different tops. Mostly I'll wear something really feminine to downplay the ruggedness of the boots. But sometimes if I'm feeling "90's grunge" I'll opt for a slouchy tee :) Enjoy your new boots!