Monday, December 28, 2015

On My Wish List: Threshold Windham Tall Cabinet

$249.99

For years, I'd been searching for the perfect display cabinet for my collection of Orla Kiely handbags and I think I may have just found the one. Pictured above is the Tall Cabinet from the Windham collection at Target. It comes in six different colors, but I think this yellow color is my favorite.

I currently don't have a great way to organize my bags. I just have them stored in these hanging shelves in this Hemnes wardrobe I got from Ikea. I always store my purses in their dust bags if they came with one.

And the rest I have stored in this open suitcase. It is quite an eyesore in my opinion because I do like things to be neatly tucked away. But I do change out my purses often so I decided to keep this suitcase open so I can switch out my purses easily.

Now I know I just said I like things neatly tucked away and out of sight, BUT I would make an exception if my purses were displayed in a neat fashion (and not just stuffed into a suitcase). So that's  why I like these glass doors so much - even though a lot of my purses are stored in their dust bags, I think a few displayed on the shelves would look great.

With the New Year approaching, I'm itching to get things organized so I can ring in 2016 with everything neat and tidy. My purses have always been a challenge for me to organize because I simply hadn't found a cabinet that I really liked until I discovered this one at Target. Hopefully, I can pick up this piece soon and I'll write an updated "How I Organize my Bags" post :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I have always wondered how you organize and store your vast collection of Orla Kiely bags. Owning them is one thing, but storing them is quite another, and that is the challenge when one is a collector. I will be interested in knowing if the bags will fit onto the shelves (that's another challenge I have found -- some shelves aren't tall or wide enough). Thank you!

iloveorlakiely said...

Yes, it's so hard to keep them organized! Honestly, I think some are works of art that should be displayed :) I did have this cubby shelf from Target that I used to use, but you're right - the shelves just weren't tall or wide enough. It looks like the cabinet above will do - I've seen a version of it in stores and I really liked it!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to your review and photographs showing the display of part of your collection. Thank you!

iloveorlakiely said...

Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Do you know how I can get this yellow cabinet? I have searched and searched and it seems to be discontinued