Sunday, March 18, 2012

Outfit Of The Day: St. Patty's Day Green




What I'm Wearing:
Dress by Max and Cleo
Shoes by Michael Kors
Bracelet by Banana Republic

Last night, John and I went to a silent auction fundraiser for his school. With it being St. Patrick's Day, I of course wanted to wear something green so I thought it was the perfect occasion to FINALLY break out this dress by Max and Cleo. You see, I've actually had this dress for YEARS. I mean, seriously, like 8 years. For some reason, I just never had an occasion to wear it to. Up until last night, the tags were still on it. I always thought this dress was so pretty and I'm happy I was finally able to wear it. And my Mom, who I know reads this blog regularly, will be happy as well because she's the one who actually bought me this dress and she always asks me when I will finally wear it. Well, here you go, Mom :)

John and I did bid on a few things last night (gift cards to Bistro Aix and a gift basket that included Redken hair products and an InStyler that I'd been wanting to try) but unfortunately we were outbid and did not win. It was still a fun evening though. I always enjoy mingling with John's coworkers and students, who are always so nice to me. The event was catered by Carrabbas and they served their delicious chicken marsala, which is my absolute favorite. Bruster's was also on hand to serve ice cream for dessert. We tried their white chocolate Oreo ice cream, which was good but a little too rich for me. Honestly, we were a bit disappointed that Kilwin's did not cater the event like they usually do. Oh well. There were also a ton of hors d'oeuvres and I loaded up on pinwheels and tortellini. 

This is the ONLY green shirt John has. I wasn't going to let him walk out the door on St. Patrick's Day without wearing green! 


No comments: