Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Thursday Purseday: Orla Kiely Scallop Pocket Leather Jeanette Bag with OK Purses

Since I have so much catching up to do with my blog, I decided to write a Thursday Purseday post...on a Wednesday. Another one should be up tomorrow as well, so enjoy! :)

Spring/Summer 2016 Resort collection
Retail $648


There is an Orla Kiely logo in gold lettering on the front.

This bag has an allover croc texture in a light brown color. I was quite excited to get this bag because it's one of the few purses I own that look a bit more...grown up. It has a simple sleek design in a classic color, and although the hanging purses can be a bit loud and trendy, I can always remove them if I want a more polished look.

For right now, though, I LOVE these hanging purses. It came with two - the Leather Round Hanging Purse in Black (Haul + Review on the Chalk version here) and the Leather Square Hanging Purse in Chalk & Natural. Now, while I do love their look, they can be quite cumbersome and sometimes weigh the handle down so much that they slide all the way to the bottom and hang rather annoyingly (I feel like I'm constantly pushing them back into place). So I actually ended up removing the square purse to help remedy this.

Back of the purse.

Side view.

The bottom of the purse has four gold-toned feet.

The top has a zip closure with black leather pull.


Inside has the sand colored Linear Stem jacquard lining.

One zippered pocked with a leather Orla Kiely logo in the same croc texture underneath.

The other side has two open pockets and an attached key ring.

There are two d-rings on the side for a removable adjustable strap so the bag can be worn on the shoulder, across the body, or carried by hand or in the crook of your arm.


And here's another closeup of the hanging purses which spell out Orla Kiely's initials :)

No comments: