Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thursday Purseday: Orla Kiely Summer Flower Stem Print Nancy Bag

Happy Thursday Purseday...again! Check out my other post from yesterday - been trying to play catch up on my blog, hence the two purse posts in one week :)

Summer Flower Stem Print Nancy Bag in Tomato
Spring/Summer 2011 collection
Retail $258
 Orla Outfit of the Day post here


This is probably the bag I get asked about the most whenever I use it. It's one of the older purses in my collection, purchased from Anthropologie about five years ago. A good friend of mine spotted this bag at an Anthropologie in Atlanta, and it was the last time I'd ever seen an Orla Kiely item in store (I later purchased this bag online).

This purse has a shiny laminate finish (as opposed to the matte finishes that are more common on current collections) with the Summer Flower Stem print in navy blue and tomato (this bag was also available in yellow).

One of the things I miss about older Orla Kiely items is the exterior leather patch pocket, which used to have a punched Stem that I think is cuter than the "Orla Kiely" logo that has since replaced this design.

Back of the purse.

Side view.

The bottom has four feet.

The top has one zippered closure with leather pull and silver-colored accents throughout.


The leather trimmings have definitely developed a rich patina over time. At one point, I even spilled soy sauce all over this bag, which at the time I thought was the end of the world, but it cleaned up nicely :)

There are two d-rings for a removable adjustable shoulder strap made of cotton webbing and leather accents. The bag can be worn comfortably on the shoulder, in the crook of your arm, or as a crossbody bag.



The inside features a simple navy blue nylon lining with one zippered pocket and a leather Orla Kiely logo underneath.

The opposite side has two open pockets and attached key ring.

1 comment:

Hipolito Walston said...

Nice post. Well, what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on Glossy laminate handbags