Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Favorite Orla Kiely SS16 Bags

I think Orla Kiely totally hit it out of the ballpark this season with her bags - I can't remember a time where I loved so many pieces. Below are the bags that have made it to the top of my wish list.

$464
Let's start with my absolute favorites - the Textured Leather bags in the Nude colorway. I think this tote would be great for both work and running errands. 

$510
I also love this style's more structured look.

$219
Such a cute and casual bag! I just love the way the flowers look against the dark background.

$562
I think it would be nice to have a "professional"-looking backpack (if there even is such a thing). I do have the Sixties Stem Punched Leather Laurel Backpack that has been my go-to work bag for about a year, and I'd love to be able to add another work staple to my collection.

$271
The Jeanette style is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, so I was happy to see it available again this season in the Damask Flower print. I also actually really like that pop of red on the luggage tag - I think it provides a really nice contract against the green and blue floral print.

$230
Such a simple design - I think the orange and sand look really good together.

$510
This bag just reminds me so much of vintage Orla Kiely. This print is very similar in design to the Egg print bags from the Spring/Summer 2000 collection. However, I didn't discover this brand until 2007, so I'm happy that I have a second chance at owning something reminiscent of that time.

$135
I'm so intrigued by these small shoulder bags, just a shrunken down version of the classic. Even though they are quite impractical for my lifestyle (I usually have my three-year-old son with me, so a backpack or crossbody is a must so that my hands are free), I still really want this bag! I think it's because its size is just so stinkin' cute and I think a print like this looks better on smaller pieces so that it's not so overwhelming.

$109
A second option would be this travel pouch - still cute and small, but I have the convenience of wearing it as a crossbody.

What do you think of Orla Kiely's Spring/Summer 2016 collection and which bags have made it onto your wish list?

No comments: