Sunday, July 13, 2014

Orla Kiely Bathrobe

Size S/M
$100
I don't usually wear a bathrobe when I get out of the shower, but of course I'll make an exception for this Orla Kiely one. Plus, I figure I could also wear it around the house on those days that I feel a little chilly.

The robe comes packaged in a huge box with a frosted stem-printed clear cover. Most Orla Kiely bedding and bath items come packaged this way and I've always loved the plastic covers, but can never figure out what to do with them so I end up tossing them :(

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this box yet. I have a few smaller boxes already from some bedding I purchased a few years ago, and I currently use those to store my nail polishes. 


Made in Portugal with 100% cotton. Feels like any other bathrobe or towel (if you own any Orla Kiely towels already, this robe is the same weight and material). It's not a particularly plush robe, but still feels comfortable.

This robe only comes in size S/M or L/XL. I kinda wish it came in a size XS because one thing I noticed immediately when I took it out of the box was how huge it is. I know it's a bathrobe and meant to be a bit oversized, but it still felt a little large on my frame. Also, it's super LONG. Well past my knees (where I think most robes end) and almost all the way down to my ankles. I'm 5'3" for reference.


Another thing I noticed when I took it out of the package was an unpleasant smell. I'm not sure if it's because it's been sitting in a box for so long and it's the cardboard I smell or what. I'm sure it'll fade over time or just come out in the wash. 

A closeup of the print. This robe comes in two other colors - Tea Rose & Orange, and Duck Egg & Olive, but I found this chocolate color to suit me the best. 

There's two pockets of course.

One thing I look for in printed clothing is how well the pattern lines up along the seams. On one side the stems line up nearly perfectly, while on the other side, they're quite off. Of course for a bathrobe, it's not that big a deal, but just thought I'd share these photos with you.

Overall I'm happy with my bathrobe. It's cute, stylish, comfy, and unique - I'm always looking for different ways to expand my Orla Kiely collection, and this bathrobe was a great way to do that.

No comments: