Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday Purseday: Orla Kiely Textured Leather Iris Bag

Happy #ThursdayPurseday! I've decided to start a weekly series entitled "Thurseday Purseday" where I feature an Orla Kiey bag from my collection. I'm hoping this series will take me through the next few months (yes, I have that many bags). I've been a collector since 2007, right around the time I graduated college and got my first big job, so you'll get to see many handbags, both old and new. I've always enjoyed looking at other bloggers'/vloggers' collections, so I hope you enjoy as well!

What I'm Wearing:
J. Crew Factory necklace

Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
Retail $298

Front of the purse.

Back of the purse.

Double zip closure.

Gold hardware.

Each corner has a diagonal stitched detail.

The strap is adjustable on both sides so it can be worn as a crossbody or over the shoulder.

The bottom of the purse has no "feet."

Contrasting brown zipper that matches the fabric underneath the perforated stem.

Inside features a stem jacquard lining.

One side has a zippered pocket with Orla Kiely logo.

The other side has two small pockets with attached key ring.

A closeup of the perforated stem on the front.

4 comments:

Margo said...

Oh, this is fun. can't wait til next Thursday. I could so do this with my vintage jeweled bag collection. But I only have 3 real OK purses, but lots of the other stuff, and some of the jute bags from the UK. AND I'm 99% sure I'm getting a new OK bag for my Birthday Aug 2nd. Hubby is great!. do you have a favorite?
Margo

iloveorlakiely said...

Thanks for enjoying the post :) It's hard picking a favorite, but I have a leather multicolored stem print Iris bag that I purchased in London about 4 years ago that I love. Hope you get your 4th Orla Kiely purse next week :) Happy early birthday!

Debra said...

Would you know where I could find this beautiful Orla Kiely Iris Textured Leather Bag in Cloud.
I have the matching wallet.
Many thanks.. Happiest Birthday Margo !

iloveorlakiely said...

Hi Debra. There are two left in stock at ModCloth. You might also have luck calling the Orla Kiely store in New York (212-775-8340). If they have it in stock, they would be able to ship it to you. It's currently on sale at Orla Kiely for $149 so I hope you're able to get it!