Monday, September 22, 2014

Orla Kiely Buttercup Stem Print


When I first browsed through Orla Kiely's Fall/Winter 2014 Etc Lookbook, I was immediately drawn to the Buttercup Stem Printed handbags, especially the Fold over Tote in Sand seen above.


The Buttercup Stem, which I believe is a brand new print for this season, is absolutely adorable and probably one of my favorite prints ever. It's difficult to choose between the Slate or Sand color. I love the kelly green accents on the Slate, but the Sand is just so lovely with its sweet baby pink flowers (Orla Kiely always chooses the most amazing color combinations!). I'm probably leaning more towards the Sand color simply because I just love the Fold over Tote in the lookbook photo above. I'm curious, though, why Orla Kiely chose nylon instead of the usual coated canvas. I think this print in leather would look amazing, but the nylon material makes these purses easier to maintain and keeps them at a lower price point - two things I like!

Buttercup Stem Printed Nylon Fold over Tote
Available in Slate and Sand
$118

Buttercup Stem Printed Nylon Mini Box Bag
Available in Slate and Sand
$88

Buttercup Stem Printed Nylon Zip Handbag
Available in Slate and Sand
$118

Buttercup Stem Printed Nylon Zip Shopper
Available in Slate and Sand
$108

No comments: