Friday, September 5, 2014

Orla Kiely for Clarks Shoes Fall 2014


Today is the launch of Orla Kiely's second shoe line with Clarks. With Fall just around the corner, this collection is definitely darker and moodier than the last, combining textured, patent, and "pony effect" leathers. I admit I'm not as excited about this collection because I'm more of a flats kinda gal. I do love the look of heels, but they're not very practical for my everyday life of standing in front of my classroom teaching, nor on the weekends when I'm with my family and running around with my toddler son. But there are still some great options here that are on trend with the return of 90s grunge/gothic-like details.

Also available in Ox Blood and Ochre
$240
These remind me of a pair of high-heeled loafers I practically begged my Mom to get me when I was a middle-school kid in the mid 90s. They were super trendy back then, and they're making a comeback now. I like the thicker heel on these, which will make them more comfortable to walk in, and there's the added bonus of Clarks Plus cushioning. The dotted details and T-strap makes this pair a fun spin on an old classic.

Also available in Black and Navy
$220
Similar in style to the Dotty Shoes above, these have a lower more sensible heel and classic Mary Jane style, minus the cap-toe detail and pony hair texture. 

Also available in Black and Ox Blood
$260

Also available in Black and Ochre
$220
Loafers are a great way to embrace the menswear trend while still keeping everything feminine. I own a couple pairs of loafers that I like to pair with peg-leg jeans and a feminine blouse.

Also available in Black and Ochre
$290

Also available in Ox Blood
$280
These are by far my favorite. The combination of pony effect and textured leather make them interesting, and give off an almost tough gothic vibe. The classic cap-toe detailing remind me of a pair of Chanel boots I wanted, but these are far more affordable and just as chic. I'd like to pair these with skinny jeans and an oversized tee, rolled boyfriend jeans and a feminine blouse, or a Free People dress and tights.

Orla Kiely always has the most amazing attention to detail, which is seen here on the soles of her shoes.

And if that's not enough, each pair comes packaged in its own stem-printed shoe box and dust bag, which are surely to become collector's items themselves.

What do you think of Orla Kiely's latest collaboration with Clarks? Do you plan on purchasing a pair?

No comments: