Sunday, September 21, 2014

Orla Kiely Sixties Stem Punched Leather Laurel Backpack

Also available in Navy (see below)
$498

This is my latest obsession from Orla Kiely. I love the ease, convenience, and casualness of a backpack, but I'd been wanting a sleeker, more sophisticated one than my Linear Stem Backpack so that I could wear it with dressier outfits. And this one is perfect! I love both color ways, but I think I like the Hazel one better because it seems a bit more classic and multi-seasonal, and will pair well with many pieces in my wardrobe. I absolutely love that it's a convertible - I can wear it as a backpack, but you can also reposition the adjustable leather straps to wear it as a crossbody or get rid of them altogether and use it as a handbag.

 




The navy appears almost black, so this will also be a very versatile color. The leather appears supple, and its simple streamlined design makes this bag an instant classic. I usually prefer the original Linear Stem print, but I actually think the Sixties Stem print makes this bag look more sophisticated. The gold hardware and Orla Kiely logo on the back are also nice touches.

No comments: