Friday, March 27, 2015

Orla Kiely for Maclaren Buggy

Back in 2012, when I was pregnant with my now 2-year-old son, I became obsessed with stroller shopping, something that I never thought I'd invest so much thought and research into. I quickly discovered Bugaboo and its range of fabric sets featuring prints by Andy Warhol and Paul Frank, and I soon began wishing for an Orla Kiely version. I'd seen people sew their own covers using Orla Kiely bed sheets, but my sewing skills were limited to hemming a few pairs of jeans, so I settled on a simple fabric set in a very boyish blue shade. Subsequently, my desire for an Orla Kiely stroller waned over the years, especially with my son's ever-growing independence and desire to run amok.

That is until I saw this today.

Orla Kiely has teamed up with Maclaren to create the cutest stroller I have ever seen.

£295.00 (approximately $439)

This stroller features a Square Flower printed canopy with a coordinating quilted seat, which can fully recline and includes an adjustable leg rest. The stroller can be used for both newborns and children up to 55 lbs. 

The back includes a zippered storage pouch with an orange strap to match the seat straps and wheels that are accented with the same color. My family thinks this stroller is a bit too girly to use for my son, but I'm trying to justify it by noting that there is a navy background and the flowers have centers in gender neutral tones of brown, orange, and yellow so...

My husband is still not convinced. Oh well.

There's a basket underneath that's lined with the same pattern, and it includes a raincover with tiny Square Flowers throughout - adorable!

Orla Kiely is also running a special offer where you can purchase both the Buggy and the Classic Multi Stem Baby Bag for £399.52 (originally £454 if sold separately).

£159 (approximately $237)

I am completely bummed that this buggy is only sold within the UK - no international shipping L. I'm hoping that eventually Orla Kiely will branch out into the US and also create a line of strollers here (or at least make this buggy available for shipping to the states). There is also mention of a line of coordinating accessories that will be available soon so stay tuned for that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this flower tile print so much! I've got it in the wallet! Just bought a new umbrella stroller in neutral black, but this OK one is to die for... Thanks for all the great photos to look at though! - Tracy

Anonymous said...

I have seen that you can buy this stroller from here - http://www.maclaren.us/?regional=T

iloveorlakiely said...

Hi Tracy! It is a lovely print and I don't have anything with this pattern yet! So tempted to purchase this even though my son doesn't like being in a stroller too much anymore :(

iloveorlakiely said...

Thank you so much for letting me know! Just posted about it now :)