Sunday, October 18, 2015

Orla Outfit of the Day: Go Gryffindor

OOOTD:
Harry Potter shirt from Hot Topic
Merona tank top (underneath)
AG Stevie Petite Slim Straight Jeans
Toms shoes
Orla Kiely Textured Leather Mini Bay Bag (Thursday Purseday post here)

My son just turned three last week and asked for a Harry Potter-themed birthday party. So I decided to go with Gryffindor colors, even though I'm a Hufflepuff at heart :)

I painted my nails to mimic the striped Gryffindor scarves :)

Photo from my Instagram. Follow me @iloveorlakiely :)


I also made Golden Snitch cake pops for the occasion. Making cake pops is a hobby of mine that I'm still trying to perfect. They're often hit or miss as far as the decorating goes, but they always taste delicious!

When I was trying to think of how I wanted to display them, my Mom came up with the great idea of putting them in a cauldron.

The pops are made from butter pecan cake mix and vanilla frosting covered in yellow candy melts and golden sprinkles. The wings are made from fondant.


My husband also had this amazing bakery make these Harry Potter-themed cupcakes. The bakery is called For the Love of Cake, and they're the same bakery that made the Orla Kiely cupcakes for my 30th birthday :)




And here's the birthday boy, who picked out a Harry Potter cupcake.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments: