Thursday, September 22, 2011

Anthropologie's "Pet Project"


This weekend, Anthropologie is hosting their annual pet adoption event. John is actually seriously thinking about letting me get a dog!!! I am so excited about this. I've been wanting a dog for a very long time now, even picking out a couple names (Oliver for a boy, Olive for a girl). But John has put his foot down because a) we live in a tiny, third-floor condo, b) he doesn't want to get emotionally attached to yet another pet, and c) have I mentioned we live in a TINY, THIRD-FLOOR condo? That's not an ideal situation when you're talking about walking your dog out to use the restroom at all odd hours of the day. Plus, our tiny place is not very conducive to dog-play. Anyway, John has somehow warmed up to the idea, probably because I showed him a picture of the CUTEST dog ever:

Samoyed puppies

I read on Wikepedia (always the reliable source) that Samoyeds have friendly personalities and maintain a permanent happy expression, which I think makes them just so darn cute.

The adoption event is in a couple days, so I will report back this weekend on what we find (and of course, if we bring anything home with us!) Since John's beloved family dog, Chloe, passed away recently, we'll also be on the lookout for a dog for John's Mom. Wish us luck!

No comments: