Thursday, September 8, 2011

Becky Bloomwood

Becky Bloomwood is the heroine in Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic series who loves - what else? - shopping (sound familiar?) The following is an excerpt from the book I’m currently reading titled “Shopaholic Takes Manhattan.” It reminds me so much of my good friend and fellow shopaholic Valerie.

“I mean, suppose I took up smoking. I’d easily spend ninety quid on cigarettes without even thinking about it, wouldn’t I? In fact, think of all the money I’ve saved by not smoking. Easily enough to afford one little pair of shoes.”

Now by no means are we this bad - we do have a little more sense than that (no matter what my husband tells you!) Bloomwood just reminds me of how much fun Valerie and I have talking about fashion and shopping, and how we tend to justify every purchase. :)

No comments: