Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Haul + Review: Orla Kiely Egg Cups

I recently purchased these Orla Kiely egg cups from - where else - Burlington. Now, I didn't need them at all, but I couldn't resist how cute they were.

They were $2.99 each, which (if the compare at price is correct) is 70% off retail, but I still felt they were quite pricey. Considering many of the larger items I've scored from Burlington were under $3 and retail for much more, I was expecting these egg cups to only be about $1.

They are dishwasher and microwave safe, and made in Thailand.

I've had several people tell me that these are actually espresso cups, and while I'm sure they can perfectly serve as such, I'm pretty sure these are in fact egg cups as I've seen many photos such as the one above where they are used this way. I have even seen them listed on websites as egg cups. I myself will never use them for their intended purpose (maybe shot glasses, although I don't drink too much either), so for now they are just being used as decor in my kitchen.

I've only been able to find these two prints - the Linear Stem and Scribble Stem.

They have a greenish-brown print, and the background is white.


Super adorable and I'm sure I can find many uses for them, but I'm happy with them just sitting as decoration on my kitchen counter and shelves.

No comments: