Sunday, August 16, 2015

Orla Kiely FW15 Mainline: Spot Square Print

The first of Orla Kiely's Fall/Winter 2015 Mainline collection has hit the website with the debut of the Spot Square print, which has the initials O.K. boldly printed throughout. I love this geometric design because, well, I teach geometry, so I'm excited to see what else Orla Kiely has in store for her Mainline collection.

There are just a few differences in this collection, which will be noted down below.

£185
We've seen the Mini Bay Bag before, but I believe this is the first ever backpack version. I'm a huge sucker for these backpacks, so it's no surprise that this is near the top of my wish list. 

This collection still has the card pocket either attached to the bag or hanging with a detachable strap. I'm still not too crazy about the attached pocket, but I do love the bright pop of red.

I love all these detailed shots that are now included on the website. This photo gives you a really good idea of the textured vinyl these bags are made out of.

£195

I'm a big fan of the Willow bags, and this version is even better now with its zip closure and detachable shoulder strap.

It also includes a detachable card holder. 

£199
I love these Small Jeanie bags..and yet, I don't actually own a Small Jeanie bag! I do have a couple of the larger laptop bags that I often carry to work, though. Maybe this one could be my first small one :)

£145
I think the pocket placement on this bag is a bit awkward. I would've much preferred it if it were the detachable card holder, or even placed vertically instead.

£99

Overall, I love this collection because of all the geometric elements, and the color combination is great for the upcoming season. I usually favor the Spring/Summer collection, but so far these pieces have me excited for Fall/Winter.

No comments: