Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dijon Thyme Pork

One of my favorite recipes to make is Dijon Thyme Pork, which I found from Publix Apron's Simple Meals. I like it because it uses simple ingredients, it's super easy to make, and of course, it's delicious. Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin
1 tbsp thyme (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 tbsp garlic butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp flour (which is what's inside the Orla Kiely jar)

This is the brand of pork tenderloin I use. Just make sure you actually get a pork tenderloin. I accidentally used something else one time and it completely changed the texture and taste of the entire meal. It was so bad that we had to throw it out, and I hate wasting food.


Cut pork into 1-inch-thick slices, which allows for even cooking. Set aside.

Add thyme, mustard, and garlic to a medium bowl.

Mix until well combined.

Add pork slices. Press and turn to coat each side.

Continue until all pork slices are coated. Then set aside on a plate until you're ready to start cooking.

This is the brand of garlic butter I use.

Preheat large saute pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add pork. 

Cook 5-6 minutes, then turn them over.

Cook another 5-6 minutes or until browned and 160 degrees F (for medium)

Meanwhile, add wine, milk, and flour to a bowl.

Mix until well combined.

Add to pork.

Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens.

Serve sauce with pork and voila! Dinner is served. I usually eat this meal with rice, which is pretty much my staple. My husband teases me about this, but what can I say? I'm Asian.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yumm! When can I have some?